Plan is an international organisation centred on child labour in 70 countries, 50 of which are developing countries. Plan prioritize emergencies and humanitarian aid and, focusing on long term sustainable development, Plan participates closely with children and families through several programs, including education, health, economical security, protection and water sanitation. Political advocacy cuts across all our programs. Founded in 2001, Plan Spain is a dynamic organization supporting Plan International all over the world with particular attention to child protection. Furthermore, Plan strives to raise awareness through development education, political influence, the Media and events.
The project he/she will be called to coordinate is funded by the UE (project Women and Sustainable Energy which is focused on women economic development through the renewable energy sector in rural areas of Mali, Niger and Senegal. It is implemented in collaboration with CARE (Mali and Niger) and ACRA (Senegal) in 800 villages across the three countries, supporting around 6.000 women-led Income Generating Activities (IGAs).
The position will be based in Bamako (Mali) with periodic folow-up and coordination assignments in the other 2 countries of implementation) with the following main tasks:
a) Coordination and of the entire Project with the support of the Hub coordinator based in Europe.
b) Institutional relationship with the donor and the project stakeholders, especially at the international level. S/he also supports Plan International country offices regarding local stakeholders management.
c) Supervision and coordination of the local Plan International country offices as well as of the project partners
d) Support of Monitoring and Evaluation activities that are conducted by Plan International country offices and partners
e) Develop, maintain and/or initiate partnerships with community based organizations, NGOs, UN Agencies and Government Ministries to support W&SE programme
f) Ensure the quality of the projects activities implementation
g) Budget supervision in collaboration with the compliance officer and financial responsible based in Madrid, justification and reporting in coordination with Plan International country offices and partners
h) Analysis of national and regional implementation strategies and adaptation according to the context.
i) Provision of technical support to the Head of Programme at local level.
• Act as Project Coordinator for all activities/coordination/communication regarding women´s social and economic empowerment activities within the project in strict contact and collaboration with the Youth Soustainable Solution HUB Coordinator
• Effective resources supervision and coordination in the specific areas of operation
• To cooperate and liaise with Plan International National Offices and Country Offices partners and, where applicable, with external stakeholders at the appropriate levels.
• To ensure full compliance with donor requirements in reporting (narrative and financial) in collaboration with the Compliance Officer.
• Ensure overall technical quality of Youth Economic Empowerment (YEE) with Renewable Energy programmes by providing ongoing technical and program management oversight, monitor quality of activities, and build capacity of program team. This will be done with the support of the Youth Soustainable Solution HUB Coordinator and technical Plan Spain Experts.
• Recruitment and Supervision of needed consultants
• To ensure effective coordination with sectors and different projects.
• Support key staff to establish and/or maintain coordination mechanisms at all levels (regional, national, provincial, etc.).
• To support building capacities with our implementing partner in order to improve capacities to respond and to work in joint projects
• To identify needs and new project opportunities in line with the Plan`s strategy.
• Effectively manage funding relationships with major institutional donors that support funding objectives.
• Represent Plan International at relevant coordination meeting, ensuring proper dissemination of information among relevant stakeholders.
• Ensure new programs are designed, planned, implemented and evaluated based on evidence/learning.
• University Degree and Master appreciated on international development projects with YEE solutions and gender studies, or renewable energy.
• 5 years of working experience in technical cooperation for international institutions and/or NGOs
• Proven track record in women and youth economic empowerment, in similar context
• Proven knowledge of Project Cycle Management tools and in donors´ requirement (UE and AECID preferred)
• Proven experience managing teams in multi-country settings, with remote management components
• Proven experience in raising funds, mainly with multilateral donors (preferably including EC) and bilateral (preferably AECID).
• Solid programmatic, financial and organizational planning skills.
• Mastering English-Spanish / French-Spanish / English-French.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills, results orientation and intercultural sensitivity, including managing expectations of different stakeholders in a balanced and diplomatic manner
• Proven abilities in decision making and problem solving- to foresee various options and objectively assess viability to these options
• Self-supporting in computing (MS-Windows, spreadsheet- and word-processing
• Ability to work independently and as a team member.
The candidates must send application and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference: PI-PM Mali_19