Médicos del Mundo has been present in Burkina Faso since 2002, implementing projects to improve sexual and reproductive health and reduce maternal and infant mortality, particularly linked to malnutrition. Currently, we have two major projects that support the health districts of Dori, Djibo, and Sebba in the Sahel region, to achieve an improvement in the care of children with severe acute malnutrition and promote sexual and reproductive health in the communities. – From February to December 2018 we worked in humanitarian action in partnership with the Belgian Red Cross to alleviate acute malnutrition in the health districts of Dori and Djibo (Sahel region), serving a direct population of 358,234 children under 5 years of age (51 % girls). – In consortium with Humanité et Inclusion, Veterinarians Without Borders Belgium and the Spanish Red Cross from June 2017 to February 2020 we will work on a development cooperation project to strengthen the resilience of vulnerable populations in food and nutrition insecurity in the provinces from Yagha, Sahel region, for a population of 25,297 children between 0-5 years old. We provide training in municipalities and management committees aimed at community health agents to improve their involvement in the health of their community. Our objective is to improve the prevention, the quality of medical care, especially at the ambulatory level and in hospital recovery centers, reinforcing the Burkina health system. We seek to fulfill the right to sexual and reproductive health, especially of young people, through sexual education, improvement of health services, family planning in the face of the prevention of premature pregnancies, gender violence, of early, child and forced marriages of female genital mutilation and excision.
Based on the data collected in the field through the projects implemented by MdME Burkina, the volunteer will conduct an anthropology / public health study to evaluate the projects implemented by MdME in Burkina Faso, particularly in the areas of Nutrition and Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH).
This research will be conducted in partnership with the University of Ouagadougou, notably through the Higher Institute of Population Sciences (ISSP).
– He / she contributes to the collection of data with the field teams
– He / she analyzes information on all aspects of the implementation of program activities
– He / she participates in the preparation of medical coordination technical meetings
– He / she supports the advocacy teams in the field and at headquarters in Madrid by ensuring the quality of the information used in evidence-based advocacy arguments
– He / she analyzes the good practices implemented by MdME and compares them with other similar initiatives in the fields of nutrition and SSR
– He / she makes recommendations to improve MdME’s intervention strategies in the areas of nutrition and SRH
Shortlisting and interviews are expected to take place on a rolling basis (January-February 2019) with the Deployment commencing in May 2019.
Please note that only completed applications that are submitted through http://www.mdm-euaidvolunteers.org/join-euav/ will be considered.
Applications should include:
• Completed EUAV application form (in French)
• CV in Europass format (in French)
• Completed EUAV Self Assessment Questionnaire (in French)
• Motivation Letter (in French)