The EU Aid Volunteer will be based in Nouakchott and will be under the direct supervision of the Country Coordinator. He/She will be in charge of strengthening the skills of the national MdM coordination team, more specifically the Finance Manager and the Country Logistics Manager. Thus, she / he will be able to support MdM’s civil society organizations as well, in relation to the ongoing projects that we have in partnership. In 1993, Médicos del Mundo Spain began to develop programs and projects for Maternal and Child Health (SMI) in Mauritania, evolving since 2000 to programs and projects on Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH), a field in which and a long experience in different continents and countries. Throughout these years of presence in the country, Médicos del Mundo has carried out more than thirty interventions of both development and humanitarian action. In the field of development, interventions have focused on the strengthening of Primary Health Care (PHC) in different settings and places: the strengthening and decentralization of tuberculosis services at the national level (Nouakchott with the creation of Assaba, Hodh El Garbi, Hodh El Chargui, Nouadibou) and improving access to primary health care for the population in Nouakchott, Nouadibou and the Trarza region. In the field of humanitarian action, the organization has responded to health emergencies of various kinds: cholera (Nouakchott), floods (Hodh El garbi / Tintan), expulsions of immigrants (Nouadibou) and the response to the successive nutritional crises that the country is experiencing since 2012, among others. Likewise, it maintains contingency plans in its areas of action to be able to act in case of need. Operationally as the most recent background and as actual projects, it is worth mentioning: – The reinforcement of sexual and reproductive health services in Nouakchott and Guidimakha through the creation of the first two units of care and treatment of victims of sexual violence in the country in the intervention areas already mentioned and the holistic work on the violence based on gender, specifically child marriages, female genital mutilation, conjugal and sexual violence. -The care and treatment of children under 5 years of age in situations of severe acute malnutrition and prevention at the community level. -The strengthening of health structures and health personnel through training supervisions with a vision of universal health coverage and gender equity. Currently, and with a focus on equity and human rights, MdM develops its activities of institutional strengthening of the health system focused mainly on primary health care in the field of nutrition, sexual and reproductive health and protection of children in situations of vulnerability in the Guidimakha region and in the city of Nouakchott, where several projects are implemented with the aim of strengthening access to social services for women, adolescents and children. Likewise since 2016, MdM works directly in the field of gender-based violence, more specifically in sexual violence and in female genital mutilation, ensuring the right to access integrated and quality basic services (doctors- psychological-legal) in collaboration with the Ministry of Health, civil society organizations, WHO and the United Nations system.
– To strengthen the skills of the support team and all the staff of MdM and Ministry of health, local partners, civil society organisations.
– To support Coordination team in Nouakchott, in Finances Administration and Management (budget, accounting, reporting, donor liaison, local audit, audit and administrative procedures, etc.) in accordance with MdM policies and procedures.
– To support the planning and supervision of the implementation of the HR policy in the mission.
– To strengthen the skills of national partners on budget monitoring;
– To support the implementation of the logistics strategies and field support.
– To support the organization of the logistic service of the mission with the Country Coordinator and follow up through a SWOT analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) of the Civil Society Organisations, concerning the financial, HR and Logistic follow-up.
Shortlisting and interviews are expected to take place on a rolling basis (January-February 2019) with the Deployment commencing in May 2019.
Please note that only completed applications that are submitted through http://www.mdm-euaidvolunteers.org/join-euav/ will be considered.
Applications should include:
• Completed EUAV application form (in French)
• CV in Europass format (in French)
• Completed EUAV Self Assessment Questionnaire (in French)
• Motivation Letter (in French)
Esta web es colaborativa. La Coordinadora de ONGD-España no se hace responsable de las ofertas de formación publicadas por las ONG socias de la red.