GEOGRAPHICAL AND SECTORIAL INTERVENTION SECTOR
Jordan – Development and Humanitarian Action. (1st March 2017 – 28th February approx.)
Ensure the quality, effectiveness and efficiency of the management of the interventions in Jordan, according to the regulations of the donors and Alianza por la Solidaridad (Alianza) standards and tools.
Alianza por la Solidaridad office in Amman
Supervised by the Regional Coordinator in Jerusalem
Alianza is responding to the needs of the population in Jordan through interventions focused on a multi-sectorial response to Gender Based Violence (GBV), which involves the provision of sexual and reproductive health services, psychosocial support, legal aid and monitored referral. The GBV strategy intervention additionally combines strong components on advocacy and communication on women´s rights, particularly the right to live free of violence, as well as awareness, empowerment and capacity building actions. This comprehensive intervention is currently being implemented through various projects funded by the Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation, among others.
The Project Manager will ensure a close and accurate technical and financial coordination of the interventions assigned and will contribute to strength the country strategy of Alianza within the local partners and the key stakeholders.
|The Project Manager is expected to fulfill the following objectives and activities:
Project Cycle Management and Context/ Stakeholders Analysis
– Ensure a proper planning of the interventions with local partners in accordance with donor regulations.
– Supervision of the implementation of activities according to the existing work plan and direct implementation of some activities related to the interventions when required.
– Perform the technical and financial follow up and reporting of activities in accordance with donor regulations.
– Elaboration of periodic context and situational analysis or reports with emphasis on Humanitarian and/or Gender issues.
– Development of new project proposals related to Development or Humanitarian Action
Communication and Advocacy, Humanitarian Coordination and Representation of ApS
– Active participation in Networks and platforms related to the intervention topics
– Institutional representation when required
– Maintain the Communications with target groups, partners and public institutions.
– Implement the internal Communications policies and tools
Capacity Building and Technical Assistance on Gender/SGBV
– Ensure the development of TORs, recruitment process and follow up for the external technical services needed for project implementation.
– Provide support and technical, methodological assistance to local partners,
– Support to the organization of forum, seminars and Workshops for partners and other stakeholders
Security and Code of Conduct
– Apply and adhere to the internal regulations in APS office in Jordan, including safety regulations.
– Respect APS’s code of conduct for the office.
Management of volunteers.
– Responsible for the management of Volunteering in Jordan all its phases: identification, selection, mentoring and follow up.
– Identify the profiles of volunteers who meet the competencies required by the different projects of Alianza or their partners and facilitate their integration in the respective teams.
REQUESTED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
|– An advanced degree in Humanitarian Action, Gender Studies, Human Rights or another related field.
– Additional studies in gender and development, gender-based violence or humanitarian action
– At least 2 years of experience in Development/or Humanitarian projects in international NGOs, including technical and financial reporting in accordance with donor standards
– Demonstrated experience in project design, planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation, in particular from a gender perspective and human rights approach
– Knowledge of the Middle East.
– Conflict sensitive approach
– Previous experience in crisis-security risks contexts is an asset
– Availability to travel, frequent travels along Jordan are required
– Both English/Spanish working command is compulsory
– Knowledge of Arabic is an asset
– Process facilitation skills, negotiation, influencing skills
– Presentation skills; expository writing and speaking
– Proposal development and writing skills on gender issues
– Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams
– Ability to work independently
WORK CONTRACT AND CONDITIONS
|– Immediate deployment
– Labor Contract with gross annual salary of 27.127 Euros, adjusted to the contract duration.
– Estimated contract duration is 12 months.
– Based at the Amman office but with regular travels in the country and possibly in the region too.
– No accommodation in Amman is provided, the employee covers it.
– EU working permit needed.
– The project manager will apply and adhere to the internal regulations in APS office in Amman, including safety regulations. At the same time, the project manager will respect APS’s code of conduct for the office.
HOW TO APPLY
Esta web es colaborativa. La Coordinadora de Organizaciones para el Desarrollo no se hace responsable de las ofertas publicadas por las ONG socias de la red.