ActionAid is currently seeking for a Programme and Funding Advisor for the West Africa region to support the development and implementation of WAM funding strategy, secure new funding opportunities, strengthen our coordinated programmatic presence in the area and, ultimately, recommending an operational structure for consolidating the work in the region.
The Programme and Funding Advisor will support the Federation in identifying funding opportunities and developing successful project proposals in the field of migration and development, monitoring and evaluating current projects in coordination with the national teams, screening the international donors, identifying and recommending the grant opportunities and defining the funding strategy for the region (Senegal, The Gambia, Nigeria, Mali, Mauritania, extended to Morocco and Tunisia). The PFA will pay specific attention to the start-up of the Federation presence in Mali, based on an Italian-funded project on migration and development in the country.
Required Skills and Experience:
• A postgraduate degree in Development, Humanitarian Action, Gender Studies, Human Rights or other related field. Studies in Migration will be an asset;
• At least 7 years of experience in Development and Humanitarian contexts in international NGOs;
• Demonstrated experience in project identification and design and donor engagement, especially UN donors, EC (including ECHO), OECD/DAC Countries’ agencies and others;
• Proven knowledge of the context of West Africa and Mediterranean regions;
• Deep understanding of the Migrants dynamics in the West Africa and Mediterranean regions and experience of migration-related issues, especially sustainable livelihoods and climate change, youth employment and poverty reduction, human rights (especially women’s rights) and advocacy on good migration and development policies;
• Availability to travel along Senegal, Mali, Mauritania, Nigeria, The Gambia, Spain and Italy is required;
• Process facilitation skills, negotiation, influencing skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams;
• Ability to work independently;
• Previous experience in crisis-security risks contexts will be positively evaluated.
• Fluency in both English and French, oral and written, is required for the post.
• Knowledge of Italian and/or Spanish is an asset.
View full description: Programme & Funding Advisor West Africa Region
To apply for the post, please send your CV and a letter of application in English by email at email@example.com Please ensure that they are sent with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV”. Please put "ActionAid-PM Sahel: your name” in the email subject line.
Esta web es colaborativa. La Coordinadora de ONGD-España no se hace responsable de las ofertas publicadas por las ONG socias de la red.