Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action Against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
Increase our knowledge about the habits and customs of the population in the area of intervention.
- To conduct a KAP survey
- Selection and training of 24 volunteer interviewers.
- Responsible for conducting the survey through all stages: planning (sampling, meeting of authorities and partners, gathering materials), follow up of data collection, analysis and reporting.
- She/he will be responsible for drafting the preliminary reports following the collection and final reports, taking into account the recommendations and procedures of Action Against Hunger staff and partners involved in the investigation.
- She/he will make an oral presentation and if possible a slideshow on the results. of the survey during a meeting with Action Against Hunger staff and project partners.
- Design a Health awareness campaign
- Training of the CDA personnel and youth volunteers on public health, nutrition, food diversity, prevention of diseases related to water, waste and heat.
- Support to the HoP for identification and/or update of health education material.
- Support the organization of youth committees.
- Support the HoP and partners in the organization of the campaign.
- 3 years or more of similar projects and KAP surveys implementation.
- At least 3 years of knowledge of humanitarian and development settings.
- Training in medical education, nutrition, public health, epidemiology or socio-anthropology.
- Technical specific knowledge: formed for KAP surveys and already has experience as field survey manager.
- Experience in programs related to acute malnutrition.
- Knowledge and previous working experience in Action Against Hunger.
- English is compulsory; Arabic not compulsory but an asset.
- Gender approach acknowledgement would be an asset.
- Knowledge and use of Windows, Microsoft office, internet, other IT tools, ODK.
- Mobility is required between Cairo and the project area.
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: 3 months
- Base: Cairo.
- Salary: from 1.700€ to 2.200€ gross per month according to candidate’s previous experience (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger – Spain).
- Action Against Hunger – Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
- Up to 20% additional remuneration depending on the position’s context and responsibilities (according the grading scale set by Action Against Hunger)
- House and maintenance covered by the organization (including per diem): package estimated according to the destination.
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization.
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger – Spain).
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. - Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.