Médicos del Mundo has been present in Burkina Faso since 2002, implementing projects to improve sexual and reproductive health and reduce maternal and infant mortality, particularly linked to malnutrition. Currently, we have two major projects that support the health districts of Dori, Djibo, and Sebba in the Sahel region, to achieve an improvement in the care of children with severe acute malnutrition and promote sexual and reproductive health in the communities. – From February to December 2018 we worked in humanitarian action in partnership with the Belgian Red Cross to alleviate acute malnutrition in the health districts of Dori and Djibo (Sahel region), serving a direct population of 358,234 children under 5 years of age (51 % girls). – In consortium with Humanité et Inclusion, Veterinarians Without Borders Belgium and the Spanish Red Cross from June 2017 to February 2020 we will work on a development cooperation project to strengthen the resilience of vulnerable populations in food and nutrition insecurity in the provinces from Yagha, Sahel region, for a population of 25,297 children between 0-5 years old. We provide training in municipalities and management committees aimed at community health agents to improve their involvement in the health of their community. Our objective is to improve the prevention, the quality of medical care, especially at the ambulatory level and in hospital recovery centers, reinforcing the Burkina health system. We seek to fulfill the right to sexual and reproductive health, especially of young people, through sexual education, improvement of health services, family planning in the face of the prevention of premature pregnancies, gender violence, of early, child and forced marriages of female genital mutilation and excision.
– Support field teams and the coordination team to share information and best practices on MdME’s actions in Burkina Faso: collect information and write a monthly newsletter to share the main activities carried out in each project
– Support the coordination team to develop an advocacy plan for MdME Burkina, based on its activities, particularly in the areas of malnutrition and sexual and reproductive health
– Support the coordination team to develop a communication plan of MdME Burkina – Analysis and synthesis of technical resources in nutrition and sexual and reproductive health in particular, to feed evidence-based advocacy and communication (key messages)
– Support the coordination team and field teams to develop and use communication and advocacy tools and media
– Support the organization of advocacy activities, particularly with the national partners of MdME Burkina
– Support the organization of media events around MdME Burkina projects at the national and local levels
– Support the coordination team and headquarters in Madrid to share external information on MdME’s actions in Burkina Faso: collecting information and photos, writing articles to be published on social networks or in MdME publications.
Shortlisting and interviews are expected to take place on a rolling basis (January-February 2019) with the Deployment commencing in May 2019.
Please note that only completed applications that are submitted through http://www.mdm-euaidvolunteers.org/join-euav/ will be considered.
Applications should include:
• Completed EUAV application form (in French)
• CV in Europass format (in French)
• Completed EUAV Self Assessment Questionnaire (in French)
• Motivation Letter (in French)
Esta web es colaborativa. La Coordinadora de Organizaciones para el Desarrollo no se hace responsable de las ofertas publicadas por las ONG socias de la red.