The overall purpose of this position is to coordinate and to lead the implementation of Ayuda en Acción’s emergency and recovery operations in the north of Mozambique, in response to the devastating impact of the Tropical Cyclone Kenneth and the ongoing armed violence.
Ayuda en Acción’s current emergency and recovery portfolio includes a large-scale food distribution operation, funded by WFP/CERF, shelter and NFI activities funded by IOM/CERF and a WASH project funded by UNICEF/CERF.
The Humanitarian Coordinator position aims to ensure that Ayuda en Acción’s emergency and recovery operations are successfully implemented according to the respective project logical frameworks, budgets and timeframes, as well as donor and AeA’s rules and strategic frames.
- Coordination & follow-up of project implementation
- Coordinates/ leads the planning, organization and implementation of activities of the three projects in coordination with involved stakeholders.
– Coordinates/ leads monitoring of implementation of activities and achievement of beneficiaries, using the existing monitoring tools.
– Prepares and coordinates implementation of the baseline study to measure indicators of the LFM.
– Provides technical assistance and accompaniment to all staff members
– Leads, elaborates or revises and validates all documents of projects (e.g. ToR, spreadsheets, etc.).
2. Human resources management
Participates/ leads in the planning and implementation of recruitment and selection processes of projects’ staff.
- Prepares and carries out induction of new staff-
– Creates capacities among staff.
– Organizes priorities, motivates and monitors performance of staff
3. Relationships with counterparts and Alliance 2015
– Coordinates, supervises and support local counterparts in the planning, implementation of activities.
– Reports, keeps informed and attends requirements of Alliance2015 members involved in this project.
4. Management of budget and procurement processes.
– Supports, guides, supervises and validates project administrators in the budgetary planning process according to the activity implementation plan of each project.
– Supports, guides, supervises and validates the preparation of the project expenditure forecast.
– Supports, guides, supervises and validates procurement processes.
5. Donors and HQ visits
– Prioritizes, plans, organizes and accompanies donor and HQ field visits.
– Coordinates/ leads and supervises the planning, preparation, centralized design, production and distribution of quality and timely project visibility materials.
– Ensures compliance with donors, AeA and Alianza2015 visibility standards.
– Collects information, produces audiovisual materials and photos for the preparation of articles and press releases.
– Participates in the preparation of notes and articles on project activities and the context in coordination with HQ.
8. Relations with key stakeholders
– Networks, coordinate and negotiate with external stakeholders (local governments, UN agencies, national and international NGOs, representatives of beneficiary groups, consultants, etc.).
– Organises and/or participates in meetings with external actors as necessary in the framework of the project.
– Identifies and maintains spaces that facilitate the exchange information and experiences with other organizations.
– Elaborates TOR for agreements/ MoUs between AeA and external entities.
9. Security Management
– Collects information, monitors, analyses and reports regularly about the security situation.
– Provides timely information on risk situations and security incidents.
– Coordinates/ leads the preparation of a program security plan.
– Manages the project minimizing risk through risk reduction measures included in the security plan.
– Prepares and sends on a monthly basis the planning and follow-up sheet for the implementation of activities (PSA) and achievement of direct beneficiaries (PSB), together with a brief qualitative narrative report.
– Prepares high-quality reports for donors on time.
11. Project Identification and Formulation
– Follows-up, analyses and reports about the humanitarian situation.
– Coordinates/ leads the design, preparation, organization and implementation of project identification studies when required.
– Coordinates/leads and/or participates in the formulation of new projects and reformulation of ongoing projects when required.
12. AeA Strategy
– Participates in the definition of the humanitarian AeA strategy in the region
-Identifies, analyses and reports on the strategies of key actors
– Ensures that projects are implemented in compliance of norms, principles and standards of international frameworks for humanitarian action, including international humanitarian law and protection (i.e such as SPEHRE, CHS).
– Participates in AeA internal meetings.
– Implements those tasks inherent to the position that are requested according to circumstances and needs.
– A 3-months fix-term contract under Spanish law, with possible extension of one additional month.
– A fair reward package that will be commensurate with experience and qualification.
– Advanced university degree or equivalent experience in Civil Engineering, Environmental Sciences or related field.
– At least 7 of proven professional experience in humanitarian response operations (or international development)
– Fluency in English and Portuguese (Spanish or Italian will be accepted for candidates without Portuguese).
– Experience and knowledge about humanitarian coordination system and structures.
– Ability to prepare high quality concise reports on time.
– Conflict sensitive project management skills.
– Competence in gender and protection.
– Proven experience in building staff capacity.
– Safety and security sensitive.
– Representation and networking skills and experience.
– Specific experience in sub-Saharan countries.
– Postgraduate degree in Humanitarian Action or related fields.
The interested candidates are invited to submit their CV not later tna June 18, 2019 to: https://empleoayudaenaccion.talentclue.com/es/node/46166934/4590