Ayuda en Acción is an organization with an international presence that, from a global commitment, has been fighting against poverty, inequality and exclusion since its birth in 1981. Our scope of action is developed in Africa, Latin America, Asia, and since 2013 also in Spain, in those territories and populations with greater vulnerability and less access to opportunities to exercise their rights with equality and equity.
A non-denominational and non-partisan organization committed to the values that emanate from respect for Human Rights and that believes in the need to generate changes that make social justice possible, going to the causes that generate inequality of opportunities, social exclusion and poverty.
Since 2019 Ayuda en Acción has been developing projects in the humanitarian area in Mozambique in the province of Cabo Delgado, as part of the response to the crisis of internally displaced persons resulting from armed violence in the center/north of the province.
Among its portfolio, it has developed and is currently developing projects in the areas of shelter, water, sanitation and hygiene and protection, with different funding partners such as UNICEF, IOM, UNCHR and participates in the sector’s coordination groups (clusters).
At the moment there is an exponential growth of humanitarian aid in the province due to the upsurge of violence and the spread of endemic diseases (and COVID-19) and the need to position displaced populations and attend to their rights and basic needs (at the moment a population estimated by UN agencies at around 800,000 people is displaced).
Ayuda en Accion, as a way to respond to this growth and increase of needs, as well as to strengthen our response capacity, launches the present vacancy of Humanitarian Aid Coordinator in Mozambique.
The overall objective of this position is to coordinate and lead the implementation of Ayuda en Accion’s emergency and recovery operations in northern Mozambique, in response to the armed violence in Cabo Delgado province.
Based in Pemba (Cabo Delgado), the main tasks of the Humanitarian Coordinator position are to ensure that Ayuda en Acción’s emergency and recovery operations are successfully implemented in accordance with the respective project logframes, budgets and timelines as well as donor and AeA rules and strategic frameworks, to ensure coordination with agencies and other humanitarian actors in the country and to identify, formulate, ensure implementation and monitor projects.
Relationships with key stakeholders
- Networks, coordinates and negotiates with external stakeholders (local governments, UN agencies, national and international NGOs, beneficiary group representatives, consultants, etc.).
- Convenes, organizes and/or participates in meetings with external stakeholders as required in the framework of humanitarian aid.
- Identifies and maintains spaces that facilitate the exchange of information and experiences of AeA with other organizations.
- Prepares ToRs for agreements between AeA and external entities.
- Supports national program managers in institutional representation.
- Systematically collects, monitors and analyzes with the entire humanitarian team the security situation in the regions of implementation.
- Reports risk situations and incidents to his/her direct supervisor in a timely manner
- Coordinates/leads risk assessment and mitigation measures for the humanitarian area
- Manages the humanitarian area by minimizing risk through mitigation and mitigation measures shared with the team.
- Prepares and sends monthly planning and periodic monitoring of the progress of implementation of activities and direct beneficiaries, together with a brief qualitative narrative report.
- Prepares reports to project donor(s) in quality, on time and in accordance with existing formats and regulations.
- Prepares incident or security situation notes
- Coordinates, reviews and comments on reports from both staff and project partners.
Project Identification and Formulation
- Monitoring and analysis of the humanitarian situation
- Compilation of primary and secondary information on the degree of impact and humanitarian needs.
- Coordinates/leads and/or participates in the design, preparation, organization and implementation of project identification studies (needs, vulnerability, feasibility, risk, etc.) when required.
- Coordinates/leads and/or participates in the formulation of related projects.
- Coordinates/leads and/or participates in project reformulation when required.
- Participates in the definition of AeA’s strategy in the country.
- Identifies, analyzes and reports on the strategies of key stakeholders present in the country.
- Advises and promotes the exchange of knowledge and useful information with other AeA offices in the region to facilitate improvements in the quality and efficiency of humanitarian aid project management.
- Ensures the application, compliance and promotion of the norms, principles and conditions of the international frameworks for humanitarian action, including International Humanitarian Law and protection.
- Participates in meetings.
- Executes those tasks inherent to the position that are requested according to the situation and needs.
- Professional university studies in the area of Engineering, Social Sciences or related fields.
- Postgraduate studies in Humanitarian Aid and/or Development Cooperation Project Management
Knowledge and experience:
- Management of international cooperation projects and, especially, humanitarian aid (minimum 5 years of experience).
- Knowledge of the humanitarian context in general and, particularly, in Sub-Saharan African countries, with special emphasis on conflict zones.
- Experience working in humanitarian action projects in Mozambique will be a plus.
- Strong representation and networking skills
- Ability to work autonomously (organization and planning of your work)
- Analysis, synthesis and written expression skills.
- Proactive and positive attitude
- Strategic and innovative vision
- Ability to work in a team
- Common sense, tact and diplomacy
- High sensitivity to security issues
- Sensitivity and humanitarian vocation
- Willingness to travel
- Spoken and written English
- Proficiency in Spanish and Portuguese languages.
Para inscribirse, acceda al link: https://empleoayudaenaccion.talentclue.com/es/node/86069452/12623479
Esta web es colaborativa. La Coordinadora de Organizaciones para el Desarrollo no se hace responsable de las ofertas publicadas por las ONG socias de la red.