The “HUB Coordinator” will be a member of the International Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid Programs Department at Plan International Spain.
The position holder will play a key role in the following functions: Fundraising and resource mobilization at local level and Assistance in emergencies due to natural disasters, armed conflict or any other humanitarian crisis.
Plan is an international child centered community development organization working in 69 countries, 50 of which are developing countries. With a focus on long-term sustainable development, Plan works in a participative way with children and families across a range of programs including education, health, household economic security, protection and water/sanitation. Plan also engages in humanitarian work. Advocacy cuts across all programs.
Established in 2001, Plan Spain is a dynamic organization that supports Plan’s work worldwide, with a particular focus on Child protection. Funding is received from a variety of sources including child sponsorship, Spanish Government and Regional Governments and also multilateral donors (ECHO,UE, UN) .
In addition, Plan Spain strives to raise awareness of development issues through development education, advocacy, media and events.
Leading the business development in the HUB assigned supporting the Director of International Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid, also in coordination with the other of HUB coordinators.
- Improve the relationship with Plan Spain’s internal areas and with Plan International´s Country Offices
- Identifying strategic funding raising opportunities in the priority countries.
- Building strategic relationships with different stake holders, including building Consortium, Global Plan federation and wider stakeholders.
- To line up and reinforce Plan International Spain’s relationship with donors ( with Spanish Government, ECHo and also developing a relationships with new donors)
- Supervising and supporting in the implementation of projects:
- Prioritizing and assigning resources
- Taking actions needed
- Budget following
- Conduct needs assessments
- Projects Evaluation
- Reporting & Information
University Degree (Master’s studies would be an asset)
- 5 years’ experience in technical cooperation in international institutions and/or NGOs. Proved experience in fundraising mainly with multilateral donors (ECHO will be valuable).
COMPETENCIES ASSOCIATED TO THE POSITION:
Excellent communication and negotiation skills, goal orientation and intercultural sensitivity, including managing expectations of different stakeholders in a balanced and diplomatic manner
- Proven abilities in decision making and problem solving- to foresee various options and objectively assess viability to these options
- Self-supporting in computing (MS-Windows, spreadsheet- and word-processing
- Ability to work independently and as a team member. Mastering English-Spanish / French-Spanish / English-French.
Applicants should have a valid work permit at the time of applying to enable them to work in Spain.
The candidates must send application and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference PR-HC-17