Plan is an international child centered community development organization working in 70 countries, 51 of which are developing countries. With a focus on long term sustainable development, Plan works in a participative way with children and families across a range of programmes including education, health, household economic security, protection and water/sanitation. Plan also engages in humanitarian work. Advocacy cuts across all programmes.
Established in 2001, Plan Spain is a dynamic organization that supports Plan’s work worldwide, with a particular focus on Child protection. Funding is received from a variety of sources including child sponsorship, Spanish Government and Regional Governments and also multilateral donors (UE, UN).
In addition, Plan Spain strives to raise awareness of development issues through development education, advocacy, the media and events.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Leading and organizing, in coordination with the HR Manager, the recruitment processes in order to ensure that all vacancies are covered by using different recruitment sources (job announcements in dedicated web sites, working with HR/headhunting companies, social media, etc.), making interviews and other tests (language tests, competencies tests, contact of professional references), reporting about every candidate, following all the candidates all along the recruitment process.
- Contributing to the creation of an HR database of candidates.
- Managing, in coordination with the HR Manager, the performance/appraisal system in following internal deadlines.
- Elaborating and managing the training and development plan in line with the needs identified in the team´s performance/appraisal, as well as those identified at the organizational level.
- Contacting and managing the training providers.
- Organizing the induction/orientation of new staff (making sure that they meet all the departments).
- Coordinating the activities of the HR interns, as well as the volunteers.
- Contacting with other PLAN INTERNATIONAL departments in order to follow up on any HR needs.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the different processes of the HR department and its consequent action plan, in all and each different area comprises by the HR department.
Attributes for the role
Great communication and relationships skills.
Great team player skills.
Deep knowledge of the HR staffing needs in the NGO Sector.
Experience in multicultural working environments.
Deep knowledge of performance/appraisal systems.
Deep knowledge of the international cooperation sector, project cycle management and renewable energies.
5 years of professional experience in recruiting staff at the “non profit” sector (national and international positions in development cooperation and humanitarian aid)
Experience in International Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid sector
High level of oral and written English
Availability to travel
- Bachelor’s degree. Post graduate studies in HR or/and International Cooperation will be valuable.
- French knowledge will be an asset.
Applicants should have a valid work permit at the time of applying to enable them to work in Spain.
Please submit a full CV and a comprehensive cover letter setting out your reasons for applying for the post and outlining the qualifications experience knowledge and skills that you feel you can bring to the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the reference HR-R&D-17 in the subject matter.