Primarily responsible for the management of Health Care activities and supervision of Medicos del Mundo (MdM) programs ensuring the quality of the services delivered by MdM health teams and implementing partners in South Sudan.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION
The successful candidate will be based in Bor – Jonglei State, South Sudan, with regular visits to other field locations and Juba.
|The successful candidate will be part of the country coordination team and will report to General Coordinator, as well, he/she will have direct technical link with Medical Referent in HQ.|
– Responsible for the management of the MdM programs running in Bor State Hospital, Gender Based Violence, Out Patient Department, Pediatric and Maternity ward.
– Responsible of the Health program activities in the Primary Health Care Centers, Units and Mobile Clinics in Bor South, Duk, and Twic East counties.
– Responsible of health team management, including MHPSS staff.
– Ensure the monitoring of activities and results through the data collection, indicators, Morbidity chart, Pharmacy Checklist.
– Responsible for the M&E data collection and tool monitoring.
– Report and analysis of the epidemiological data; provide an analysis of the morbidity and mortality in the areas of intervention desegregate by age and gender.
– Represent MDM at relevant coordination meetings, and bilateral meetings with local health authorities and partners.
– Coordinate with other health actors the emergency response in order to cover need gaps
– Responsible for updating program needs (alert in case of outbreak).
– Contribute to the emergency preparedness through the review of the contingency plans.
– Responsible for weekly and monthly program activities reports.
– Responsible for the monitoring of wash activities and IPC protocols in the hospital and health facilities.
-To actively participate in the writing of donor’s proposals and activity progress reports.
– Representation and participation in the national Health Cluster and representation of MDM to partners, donors and local institutions.
– If needed, conduct a health needs assessment and identify areas of possible intervention
– Responsible for preparation of all pharmaceutical and medical supplies orders in collaboration with logistic team.
– Contribute to the Recruitment and selection of health, MHPSS and paramedic staff when needed.
– In charge of local staff Capacity building: design training plan, organize and co-facilitate trainings for health and paramedic local staff.
-Ensure the coordination of the MHPSS team to integrate the MHPSS program in the primary and secondary health care services.
⁃ Technical supervision of national and international health staff of MDM.
⁃ Provide technical advice on recruitment of any health staff, local and expatriate for MDM and local implementing partners.
⁃ Identify priorities for capacity building trainings and facilitate internal on-the-job trainings for the health teams and support staff of MDM local implementing partners.
⁃ Holding technical meetings, briefings and debriefings with the Country Health teams.
Program Quality and Technical Monitoring:
⁃ Provide technical supervision of, and technical support to the organization’s health programming activities
⁃ Participate in the development of the general strategy on MdM activities with the General Coordinator and contributes to review and/or develop programme strategies and policy documents for the expansion of MDM mission in South Sudan.
⁃ Ensure health programs utilize standardized protocols, policies and guidelines according to Ministry of Health and WHO.
⁃ Planning and implementation of the project activities and ensure activities are implemented and carryout as a part of the global framework.
⁃ Ensure and oversee quality of the activities in the programs. Analysis of medical data received weekly from Health Managers and sharing with the mission and HQs.
⁃ Ensure quality Medical Health Care and follow up of protocols according to internationally accepted MdM standards, including control of communicable diseases and rational use of antibiotics.
⁃ Participate in health assessments if needed
– Co-ordinate MDM’s Health program activities such as; roll-out of PEHSP under UNICEF/World Bank project in Jonglei State, Sexual Reproductive health including SGBV, child health activities, WASH and IPC, Emergency Response in support of the MoH and in conjunction with local implementing partners
– Support linkages of public health to WASH programs throughout all stages of the programme cycle including in outbreak preparedness and response and emergency responses.
– Establish and build the capacity of the country technical unit.
– Work with Mission senior management team, field teams, HQ Technical Units for the mission in strategic planning for health programs.
– Work with the general coordinator and management team to draft and review concept notes and proposals with quick turnaround times and relevance to donor specification.
– Represent Medicos del Mundo for all health-related issues and keep in touch with officials in mission country, other NGOs, national and international organizations, donors, civil and military authorities.
– Develop and maintain positive relationships with all relevant stakeholders in the country
– Coordinate health activities with local implementing partners, other NGOs and partners in the same area of intervention
– Communicate with donors and head office upon request by General Coordinator.
– Participate and be part of the International Network
– Participate in the Steering Group of the International Network when required
Management of medical stock and logistic chain for medical purchase:
⁃ Participate in collaboration with logistician of the medicine and medical supply order
⁃ Technical validation of medical purchases.
⁃ Ensure the well management and store of the MDM Pharmacy in collaboration with Logistician.
Academic background: Medical Doctor University Degree or Registered Nurse or Midwife.
Desirable: Master’s in international Cooperation and/or Humanitarian Aid, Public Health, Tropical Medicine.
Language requirements: High level of spoken and written English.
Computer requirements: Office pack user level.
The successful candidate must have at least 3 years’ experience in positions with similar responsibilities (project management, team management) and experience working in remote areas, with a total of 5 years of experience in humanitarian projects and with international donors (UN, EU, OFDA, DFID, AECID etc.)
Knowledge and experience with MHPSS programs is considered a plus.
- Experienced team manager capable of leading a diverse and multicultural (medical) team.
- Great organizational capacity and ability to adapt to complex contexts and stress situations.
- Excellent organizational capacity
- Strong communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills
- Stress management
- Identification with the lines of work, values and mission of Medicos del Mundo.
Available immediately for a period of 12 months.
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts.
Esta web es colaborativa. La Coordinadora de ONGD-España no se hace responsable de las ofertas publicadas por las ONG socias de la red.