Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action Against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
Within a global objective of scaling-up USAID/OFDA funding and operations in the region, the Grant Developer is a key position, based in Mali or Niger, hired for the preparation and follow up of US donor proposals in the region. The position will work closely to support the DP, Deputy DP, Heads of Base and reporting officers in the oversight and management of USAID grants. The Grant Developer will be responsible for preparing grant proposal/s, supporting negotiations and have a general overview of US donor compliance, beginning by performing research, linking with our Donor relations Unit and HQ operations team.
To develop the proposal/s, grant developers must familiarize themselves with Action Against Hunger Spain programs, projects, goals and financial needs. After compiling all the information needed, the grant developer will compose and send the required proposal/s and progamme strategies.
The Grant Developer must ensure compliance with Action against Hunger Spain policies, and USAID compliance, ensuring that accurate, complete and reliable technical and financial information is maintained. The post holder can be also asked to look into potential funding sources in order to develop and reinforce the regions Grants Funding Strategy.
- Fund raising.
- Grant development.
- Programme implementation.
- Produce other information and communications products for both internal and external audiences as required.
- As delegated, act as focal point for all queries and information requests from Action Against Hunger International network, Action Against Hunger and donors.
- Comply with Action Against Hunger policies and practice with respect to the code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Provide USAID guidelines and policy training to Action Against Hunger staff in the region.
- Education to MSc/MA/MEng level in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience.
- In-depth knowledge of USAID and have extensive experience liaising with the USA donors.
- Experience of leading the preparation successful funding (narrative and budget) proposals and reports for USAID.
- Previous experience of project management and project cycle management, including project design, implementation and evaluation.
- Significant experience of working internationally in humanitarian and development programmes.
- Commitment to the values and principles of Action Against Hunger.
- Native in English (preferably originally from USA) and proficiency in French.
- Gender approach acknowledgement would be an asset.
- Very good computer skills, especially on Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Mobility (national and international) within the region.
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: 1 year.
- Base: Bamako or Niamey with frequent travel in the region.
- Salary: from 1.850€ to 2.400€ gross per month according to candidate’s previous experience (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger – Spain). Action Against Hunger – Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
- Action Against Hunger – Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
- Up to 20% additional remuneration depending on the position’s context and responsibilities (according the grading scale set by Action Against Hunger)
- House and maintenance covered by the organization (including per diem): package estimated according to the destination.
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization.
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger – Spain).
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. - Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.