Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action Against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
Action Against Hunger – Spain is looking for a Flying Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Coordinator to work a 70% (as maximum) of the time in the field and 30% at headquarters.
- Support WASH operations through field visits and in remote control from HQ.
- Technical development: methodologies, tools, strategic support to the WASH department and training.
- I) Tasks in the field
The Flying WASH Coordinator is mobilized for short temporary missions lasting a maximum of 3 months on WASH coordination positions to support country strategy, key PM positions, gap filling, carry out needs assessments, internal evaluations, capacity building, training, shadowing and coaching of HoP/key PM positions.
The terms of reference of each mission will vary depending on the intervention and they must be set up before the beginning of the mission.
- Support WASH programs
- Validate the technical and operational methodology for implementing projects.
- Ensure the implementation and operational and technical project monitoring.
- Ensure internal assessment/external projects.
- Analyze or submit activity reports for Action Against Hunger – Spain, authorities and donors.
- Support capacity building of the mission through design and facilitation of training/workshop.
- Monitor the humanitarian situation in country of WASH intervention
- Collect and analyze information on access to WASH.
- Identify needs (assessments, diagnostics, etc.).
- Define strategies of WASH programs in coordination with HQ WASH advisor and field Coordo WASH
- Identify areas of intervention.
- Propose intervention strategies based on identified needs and ensuring a transversal approach to interventions.
- Prepare proposals for donors.
- Carry out needs assessments and intern evaluations.
- Support on the design and intervention criteria on CBI´s intervention.
- Collaboration with other technical departments
- Emergency interventions ant its preparedness (in coordination with the Head of WASH department and Emergency pool).
- Promote integration with Food Security and Livelihoods projects in key PM positions
- Multisectorial management information. Support on mission integrated baseline.
- Represent Action Against Hunger – Spain from the different partners in WASH
- Represent Action Against Hunger – Spain for donor’s agencies such as ECHO/UNICEF.
- Represent Action Against Hunger – Spain with the local authorities.
- Meet regularly with stakeholders and other humanitarian organizations to coordinate and to develop partnerships and strategies.
- WASH cluster, technical working groups and WASH alliances at country level.
- Advice on management WASH teams
- Key hints on recruitment and training of the WASH team (in coordination with the Administrator or HR Manager).
- Strengthen the management of programs and projects.
- Enhance leadership and internal communication team.
- Organize and facilitate team meetings.
- Support on trainings/capacity building.
- II) Tasks in Headquarters
- Ensure reporting of field missions
- Prepare end of mission.
- Monitor the recommendations of the reports for duty at headquarters.
- Active participation in the missions support
- Follow up of the mission after the field visits and remote control support (in coordination with the advisor and WASH coordinator).
- Contribute to the development and promotion of tools.
- Contribute to capitalize and generate lessons learnt.
- Active participates in meetings of GGM (or equivalent), debriefing and follow up recommendations.
- Backup of the advisor on his/her absence.
- Coordination with WASH department on technical development tasks
- Trends and approaches analysis and adaptation on our strategies.
- Review, design and facilitation of training courses (universities, etc.).
- Collaboration with other departments
- Emergency pool, in order to implement the emergency pool operating protocols and tools.
- Country Responsible: On specific topics related to strategically issues, training and capitalization.
- Coordination with technical department: capitalization and technical development, implementation of cash based intervention/kache, ODK rollout, collaborative relationship on programs and results of analyses and exchanges to enhance the integration among technical sectors.
- External communication
- WASH Cluster: WASH exchange expertise with other players NGOs
- Companies specializing in WASH equipment: monitoring technology on new WASH equipment available on the market. Support on the revision of the emergency stock.
- Other NGOs/relevant stakeholders: developing partnerships; coordination in the analysis of humanitarian situations; sharing of information, tools, approaches.
- Donors: financing issues for WASH projects; support for financial strategy, identify opportunities with potential partners and donors.
- Local authorities: contribute on the visibility of our mandate with our technical approaches.
- Higher education in a field related to WASH.
- Minimum 3 years’ progressive experience of WASH/field experience.
- Excellent knowledge and/or experience of working with WASH programming.
- Significant understanding and experience with project budgets and financial management.
- Significant understanding and experience of donor requirements and donor reporting.
- Excellent and demonstrable project planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Professional experience in emergency contexts.
- Proven experience in team management.
- Capacity in analysis and synthesis.
- Gender approach acknowledgement would be an asset.
- Languages: Fluent English and French desirable.
- MS Office, including advanced Excel.
- Mobility (national and international).
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Work contract: 2 years (commitment).
- Salary: between 27.000 € and € 30.000 € gross per year.
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Meal vouchers.
For field assignments, Action Against Hunger covers travel, housing, and per diem costs.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. - Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.
Esta web es colaborativa. La Coordinadora de ONGD-España no se hace responsable de las ofertas publicadas por las ONG socias de la red.