He/She is responsible for MdM’s bases in Jonglei State, ensuring appropriateness of all operations and activities in respect of Médicos del Mundo (MdM) policies and of the projects currently implemented.
The Field Coordinator is MdM’s representative in the operational field locations in Jonglei State, with the main focus in Bor. He/She is responsible for the overall logistic, financial, HR, and administrative coordination in these field locations. He/she is also responsible to support in the coordination and supervision of the project teams managed by MdM in Jonglei State.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION
The successful candidate will be based in Bor – Jonglei State, South Sudan, with regular visits to other field locations and Juba.
The successful candidate reports directly to the General Coordinator in Juba.
– Oversight and management of MdM project portfolio budgets in relation to field operations and activities: responsible for budget lines pertaining the field locations and operations, supervision and control of spending in those lines, liaising with other budget line holders for overall project budget management, advising General Coordinator and Admin Coordinator on savings opportunities and budgetary needs.
– Monitoring of the correct allocation of costs on projects.
– Budget preparation of projects: development of new project budgets in collaboration with the General Coordinator; collecting relevant information from the technical and operations teams in the field to provide appropriate budget costing.
– Regularly identifies economic and financial opportunities and constraints necessary for the implementation of project activities.
– Provides oversight to cash management and verification to all field offices.
– Authorizes expenditures on Mission Requests and Bank Payments.
– Tracks budget expenses in responsible budget lines.
– Under the guidance of the General Coordinator, he/she guarantees the correct and timing reception of funds to the field locations; he/she ensures the proper management and control of the cash for the overall coordination and bases / coordination of any area and related expenses.
– Reporting and audit: he/she ensures the adequacy of the field financial reports to Juba office/Admin Coordinator; is in charge for the correct reporting and ensures the correct filing of the administrative project documents in all field locations; he/she ensures the field collaboration for audits.
– Goods management: verifies the sustainability and the correct management of MdM owned goods and equipment in the field in collaboration with the Logistics Coordinator. He/she supervises and verifies the correct application of purchasing procedures.
– Oversees and approves all movement plans for field locations with the Logistics Coordinator.
– Supervises distribution plans and coordination between the program team and operations.
– Supervises the management of storage facilities.
– Reviews contracts for rehabilitation works in coordination with the Logistics Coordinator and provides oversight for ongoing rehab works in the field locations.
– Liaises with other relevant Logs actors for the cooperation and partnership in deliveries – especially hard-to-reach areas.
– Supervises Logistics Officer management of vehicle/boat.
– Ensures the proper management of the resources under his/ her supervision.
– Ensures that security is guaranteed to the highest level possible by implementing all MdM policies.
– Reviews and evaluates security contexts in all field locations.
– Approves movements and places restrictions once necessary.
– Advises on security plans and measures.
– Responsible security focal point for Bor field staff.
– Reviews the Incident Reports (internal and external forms) and assists with submission to donors and General Coordinator.
– Head of Field Office.
– Management of operations and administration staff in all field locations.
– Responsible for HR procedures and issues in the field with cooperation from AdminCo.
– Participates in recruitment: drafting JDs, interview panels, and onboarding to field locations-Procedures: she/he supports in the correct application of MdM and donors’ administrative procedures.
– Institutional Relations: in collaboration with the CD, he/she is responsible for relations and related paperwork, with public institutions and administration of the country at the State level and with the offices of the donors for administrative and financial issues.
– Responsible for cultivating relationships with donors, partners, government officials, and other stakeholders on the ground.
– Attends meetings to represent MdM’s programs and interests.
– Participate and be part of the International Network.
– Participate in the Steering Group of the International Network when required.
– Logistics, Administration and Financial supervision of project.
– Supervising attainment of objectives, guaranteeing appropriate monitoring through follow-up of project indicators, verification sources, and timeline.
– Reviewing data and indicators for reporting.
– Leading reports for donors and ensuring timely submissions.
– Coordinating with partners for implementation.
– Contributing to the preparation of the SITREP.
– Participates in the definition and update of project planning and budgets.
– Provides oversight to procurement of all project supplies in collaboration with Logistics department, ensuring that they are done according to guidelines/procurement policies and on time for project activities.
– Coordination of staff assigned to the projects in his/her charge. Guarantees that ongoing projects are implemented in line with organisation’s policies and principles.
– He/she is responsible and supervise all staff members working at the projects (recruitment, training, follow up, evaluations).
– Development of new projects proposals, strategies and reports related to MDM actions in South Sudan required by the General Coordinator.
Academic background: Essential university degree.
Desirable: Project Management training, Logic Framework, experience in Gender, Health, or MHPSS issues.
Language requirements: C1 level of spoken and written English.
Computer requirements: Microsoft Office package proficient.
The successful candidate must have at least 3 years’ experience in coordination on Emergency or Humanitarian Action projects.
Work on emergency response projects in similar contexts, particularly in Africa, will be considered an asset.
Experience managing multiple project and budgets.
Experience with external engagement (donors, partners and stakeholders).
- High organizational capacity and for adaptation to rural and challenging environments and stressful situations.
- Proven capacity for personnel leadership and management.
- Ability to make critical decisions urgently and autonomously.
- Teamwork and networking capacity.
- Diplomacy and cultural awareness in team management and external relations
- Thoroughness and self-sufficiency at work.
- Flexible and solution-oriented
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Identification with the lines of work, values, and mission of Médicos del Mundo.
Available immediately for a period of 12 months.
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts.
Esta web es colaborativa. La Coordinadora de ONGD-España no se hace responsable de las ofertas publicadas por las ONG socias de la red.