Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action Against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
The Emergency Preparedness Advisor will be 3+3 months in Syria and Lebanon mission in charge of:
- Being responsible for the preparation and application a contingency plan that will ensure quality and effectiveness of Action Against Hunger’s emergency response within Syria and Lebanon. Disseminate the contingency plan among Action Against Hunger staff If needed assist the Country Director in the overall management of Action Against Hunger’s emergency response programme, including programming, operations, security, and stakeholder relations.
- Two national contingency plans will be developed establishing links / interaction between them. The Syrian Contingency plan will include specific plans per governorates where Action Against Hunger operate.
- SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES
In coordination with the Emergency Desk and the Country Office, prepare contingency plans, and ensure proper training of the mission staff in its knowledge and application. Ensure contingency plans are aligned with Action Against Hunger policies, competencies and values, and the mission’s strategy and capacities.
Generate the detailed preparedness plan which include the following:
- Institutional objectives, scope and limitations of the disaster response plan
- Context analysis
- Institutional policies and framework
- Risk analysis
- Disaster scenarios
- Capacities, capabilities and existing resources
- Probable disaster response strategies
- Standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Institutional preparation, follow-up, evaluation and updating of the plan
- Relevant Annexes
Contingency plan implementation:
- Training plan and training tests
- Partner assessment and training realized
- Contact list
- Assessment kit material list and IOF
- CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Strong understanding of the humanitarian emergency operating context, including Sphere, the humanitarian system, donors, security, civil military liaison and program management Minimum 3 years previous experience in humanitarian field-based positions.
- Experience in the preparation of project proposals, budgets and reports to donors and other stakeholders– Essential
- Experience in inter-agency coordination, representation and negotiation with state and non-state actors – Essential
- Experience working in a volatile environment
- Experience in working in with local authorities and partners
- English – compulsory working language, spoken, read and written
- Arabic – a plus
- REMUNERATIVE PACKAGE
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: 6 months
- Base: Beirut.
- Salary: from 1.700€ to 2.200€ gross per month according to candidate’s previous experience (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger – Spain).
- Action Against Hunger – Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
- Up to 20% additional remuneration depending on the position’s context and responsibilities (according the grading scale set by Action Against Hunger)
- House and maintenance covered by the organization (including per diem): package estimated according to the destination.
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization.
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of- Action Against Hunger – Spain).
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. - Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.
Esta web es colaborativa. La Coordinadora de Organizaciones para el Desarrollo no se hace responsable de las ofertas publicadas por las ONG socias de la red.