Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action Against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
Working within the Emergency Pool, the Emergency HR Coordinator is responsible for coordinating emergency staffing responses and acts as a focal person for rapid deployment of personnel to locations where emergency response and recovery operations are undertaken. He/she will manage emergency roster and develop/review emergency HR policies and procedures and will be leading the systematization of training materials for emergency experts under the expertise of the emergency pool.
- Humanitarian resourcing & Roster management.
- Humanitarian Response and Field HR.
- Support with the development of specific training tools which will enable the candidates be prepared and ready for a deployment under Action Against Hunger Spain mechanism and procedures.
- Contribute ideas and expertise to the Emergency Pool and support with requirements and information gathering in relation to relevant HR initiatives (such as emergency HR set-up pack, job description templates and Emergency HR Procedures).
- Assist with the rollout of the Action Against Hunger HR Information System in humanitarian responses (where appropriate to local context and capacity).
- Reporting to the Head of Emergency Pool on key human resources issues, statistics, trends and creative solutions. Other reports as required.
- Participate to transversal works led by Emergency pool (sitreps, emergency preparedness plans, etc.) and insure participation to capitalization and lessons learnt exercises.
- Advanced degree in HR, social sciences or related.
- HR qualification and at least 5 years HR generalist experience.
- At least 3 years of HR experience in the NGO sector, including over a year managing human resources in a field location. Previous experience in a humanitarian response context is an asset.
- Knowledge of surge capacity’s mechanism including roster system.
- Strong communication and networking skills.
- Ability to plan effectively and manage large workloads, particularly during humanitarian responses.
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-cultural settings using a collaborative approach.
- Proven ability to work in demanding and/or insecure locations.
- Availability to travel, often at short notice, and occasionally to remote and insecure locations for up to 2 months at a time.
- Ability to work beyond core hours in case of a significant emergency.
- Ability to travel to the field.
- Psychological and physical resistance.
- Gender approach acknowledgement would be an asset.
- Fluency in English & Spanish is essential. Fluency in French is a highly desired and knowledge of Arabic would also be an asset.
- Windows domain, Compulsory expertise in Excel, database.
- Mobility (national and international).
- Formal work contract: 12 months.
- Base: Madrid.
- Salary: from 26.000€ to 28.000€ gross per year.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year (proportional to time worked).
- Restaurant tickets.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. - Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.