Plan International is an international community development organization, child-centred and particularly focused in girls, founded in 1937, working in 70 countries, 51 of which are developing countries and 10.000 staff. With a focus on long-term sustainable development, as well as relief in emergencies and humanitarian aid. Plan International works in a participative way with children and families across a range of programmes including education, health, household economic security, protection and water/sanitation. Advocacy cuts across all programmes.
About the position
Plan International (Spain) is searching a Donor´s Support and Compliance Officer. This position is part of the International Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid Department Team and will report to the Donor´s Support and Compliance Manager. The post holder will play a key role in supporting donor’s requirements to facilitate the implementation, monitoring and evaluation, financial and narrative reporting of all grants in compliance with donor and Plan International requirements. Results and Donor Orientation, Negotiation and Communication skills are also required. The position will be based in Madrid – travels up to 35%, sometimes with short notice. Applicants should have a valid work permit at the time of applying to enable them to work in Spain.
- Support the fundraising teams in the preparation and review of project proposals and ensure they are in compliance with the required rules and regulations.
- Participate in Grant agreement administration and financial management including: creating and reviewing financial compliance checklist, conducting initial assessment of financial management systems and provide extra training around fund accounting and reporting set up, compliance briefings, briefings on the importance of maintaining support documentation and report findings to stakeholders.
- Grant monitoring, including visits to the field to check on progress, consistency and level of compliance. Proactively identify problem areas or potential problems, making recommendations to address issues before they impact the project; develop action plans and follow up with the stakeholders to ensure the problems have been addressed. Manage the donor’s post-closing audit (evaluation and financial audit).
- Work with stakeholders to respond to the audit findings and highlighted risks and project evaluation concerns.
- Conduct training and capacity building to address grant management competency gaps.
- To support any donors’ requirements from previous implemented projects.
- To travel and gather necessary information for the projects’ preparation and monitoring, from the competent areas in each Plan International program Country Offices, in order to ensure the required quality during the implementation period.
- To carry out the projects formulation to be submitted to call for proposals from public institutions and other funding organizations.
- To monitor submitted project proposals in other to fulfil any requirements from the public donors in each case by the public donor.
- To prepare the final justification of the funded projects in order to accomplish the requirements following the guidelines in each case established by the public donor. To manage foreseen evaluations and audits.
- To interact with other areas of Plan International (Spain) in order to response needs arise concerning subjects from his area.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in International Cooperation and knowledge in Programme management is a must.
- Knowledge of the announcements and requirements for public funding opportunities in order to present on time and in the right way the proposal for the granting of public funds.
- Experience in Africa region will be valuable.
- Specific education in social subjects (International Cooperation, human rights, children rights…)
- High English level. French level will be a plus.
- Proficiency in Excel.
Other conditions of the position:
- Willing and able to travel up to 35% internationally, sometimes with short notice.
What we offer:
- Long term contract.
- Total reward including annual Gross Salary + variable incentives (to be set upon candidate’s experience and the organization standards) + Ticket Restaurant.
- 23 days of holidays per year.
- Short working hours on Fridays (and throughout July and August).
- Integration into a developing organization.
- Take action so that a 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive.
Please send application and cover letter to the following email address: email@example.com, indicating the reference (PR-COMPL-17) in the subject message.