Plan is an international organisation centred on child labour in 70 countries, 50 of which are developing countries. Plan prioritize emergencies and humanitarian aid and, focusing on long term sustainable development, Plan participates closely with children and families through several programs, including education, health, economical security, protection and water sanitation. Political advocacy cuts across all our programs.
Founded in 2001, Plan Spain is a dynamic organization supporting Plan International all over the world with particular attention to child protection.
Furthermore, Plan strives to raise awareness through development education, political influence, the Media and events.
• Contribute to the fulfilment of Plan Spain’s strategy through active participation in the senior management team and the effective delivery of the Programme team’s objectives
• Ensure an economically viable Programme function through full cost recovery, sustainable co-financing and a strong grants pipeline.
• Build relationships with programme countries and engage in programme country strategic planning to ensure that programme priorities and funding options are matched and maximised
• Nurture and manage donor relations, ensuring all communication, both informal and formal, is of the highest standard
• Build relations with other National Offices for joint programming, harmonised approaches, match funding, donor positioning, etc.
• Engage with the Board to ensure the Board is fully aware of risks, governance concerns and programme direction
• Work with the National Director and Finance and Admin Director to prepare, monitor and control budgets for all programme activity overseas and in Spain.
• Endeavour to have real time project information for all projects
• Ensure grant management and programme quality are of the highest standard and in line with donor expectations and best practice
• Represent Plan at relevant fora, conferences, through media, etc. to promote issues around child rights and to build the organisation’s profile
• Engage with Plan international groups, Regional Offices, International HQ, etc. on key issues relevant to Plan Spain and contribute to Plan’s global One Plan One Goal strategy.
• Provide leadership and management to the team
• Minimum of 7 years relevant work experience in both HQ and programme locations, with at least three in a management position. Sound understanding of integrated development issues and critical analysis of child poverty.
• Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications for community development
• Experience of strategic planning processes
• Strong understanding of aid effectiveness agenda, results based management and programme outcome monitoring
• Experience in networking, relationship management and resource mobilisation, in particular with institutional donors. Experience in raising funds.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build distance relationships
• Strong team building and motivational skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation and public speaking
• Native – Spanish and English speaker (or bilingual) essential with French an advantage
• Willingness to travel, especially to country programmes, on regular occasions (>50%) and sometimes with short notice
• Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations
This is not intended to be an exhaustive job description and may be subject to change.
Applicants should have a valid work permit at the time of applying to enable them to work in Spain.
Please send application and cover letter to the following email address: email@example.com, indicating the following reference in the subject message: PR0-DIR-19