Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action Against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
To assist the Country Director in managing and coordinating the implementation of the Mission projects, the Deputy will also focus on management of the mission resources departments, and serve as acting CD/HoB as required.
- To support the Bases in the optimal implementation of projects.
- To manage the mission logistic, administration and human resources departments, keeping in mind the final objective of improving the operations and projects efficiency.
- To manage the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Department.
- Support the Grant Writing and Donor Relation process.
- Serve as Acting Country Director/HoB during absences (breaks, leave, training, illness etc.).
- Promote commitment to Action Against Hunger charter and prevention on power abuses.
- Support the emergency interventions of the organization as per the employee’s abilities.
- Support any activity that helps reaching our humanitarian goals, as per the employee’s abilities.
- Masters in Humanitarian or Development Studies or other related field or substantial Humanitarian and Development experience.
- 5 years’ experience in similar positions or head of a large field office or Country Director.
- Knowledge in Logistic, Administration/finance, HR, and PCM
- Team Management.
- Demonstrated staff capacity building and management skills.
- Strong experience in drafting of proposals for humanitarian and development programmes.
- Excellent knowledge of donor (EU, ECHO, UN, AECID, etc.) rules and regulations.
- Good management and representation capacity.
- Experience in risk management.
- Experience in logistics, admin, HR, MEAL.
- Humanitarian sector knowledge desirable.
- Organization knowledge is a plus.
- Languages: English, Spanish, French, Arabic (a plus).
- Gender approach acknowledgement would be an asset.
- Strong computer skills: facility with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email/internet software
- Action Against Hunger tools : GESPRA, NHF, SAGA (a plus).
- Mobility (national/ internacional).
- We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: 1 year renewable.
- Base: Beirut.
- Salary: from 1850€ to 2400€ gross per month according to candidate’s previous experience (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger – Spain). Action Against Hunger – Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
- Action Against Hunger – Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
- Up to 20% additional remuneration depending on the position’s context and responsibilities (according the grading scale set by Action Against Hunger)
- House and maintenance covered by the organization (including per diem): package estimated according to the destination.
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization.
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger – Spain).
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. - Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.
Esta web es colaborativa. La Coordinadora de ONGD-España no se hace responsable de las ofertas de formación publicadas por las ONG socias de la red.