Action against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
As a member of the Bussines Analytics team, the data-scientist will lead a statistical function, to transform data into information and information into insight. This role requires gathering, cleaning, transforming, validating and modelling data with the purpose of drawing conclusions based on evidences and presenting them in reports. Working seamlessly with the existing analytical capacity in the team the output should underpin the business analytics capacity and consequently our response operations and help Action against Hunger to develop a reputation for solid, appropriate and well-informed humanitarian programs.
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES AND TASKS
Objective 1: Information Gathering and Report Elaboration
- Gather the needs from internal and external stakeholders and transform them into requirements for reporting analytics solutions.
- Manage the robust reporting analytics solutions that answer to the identified needs.
Objective 2: Systematization
- Identify and implement statistical approaches, which improve the use of existing data archives.
- Develop and implement strategies that optimize data collection and quality (identify reliable data origins, tools for finding or collecting data, testing validity, and reliability of data, etc.).
Objective 3: Internal analytical capacities and Communication
- Empower the analytical capacities of staff in the organization, help with training staff to use analytical tools and supporting a culture of quantitative analysis.
- Data Visualization & Communication: Describing findings or the way techniques work to audiences, both technical and non-technical.
Objective 4: Information Management Systems
- Transform big data into KPIs and metrics using SQL, R, Python or other languages.
- Create and develop dashboards with effective data visualizations to communicate KPIs and metrics
- From 2 to 4 years working experience in Business Intelligence and Analytics in academia, international organizations, NGO.
- Experience in creating metrics and KPIs and using analytic solutions to report on business performance.
- Experience working with large datasets to develop innovative reporting approaches leveraging internal and external data sources.
- Solid experience working with state of the art database systems.
- Excellent writing, editing and analytical skills and ability to communicate results and final recommendations
- Natural inclination for sharing findings and engage with the team to solve problems
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced and often demanding environment. Solution oriented attitude with an ability to work with minimum supervision and proactivity to reach the defined goals
- Commitment to humanitarian values.
- Written and spoken fluency in English, proficiency in French.
- Knowledge and experience using statistical software languages and packages, such as R, MatLab or SPSS, for modelling and analysing (large) datasets. Advanced experience programming in R, Python and Power PI.
- Knowledge of database querying language like SQL, desirable. Advanced experience in data manipulation in SQL is required.
- Mobility (national/ international): Headquarters and missions
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Work contract: 24 months
- Based in Madrid HQ
- Salary: between 35.000 € and € 40.000 € gross per year.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Meal vouchers.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. - Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.