Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action Against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
The primary mandate of the Emergency Team (ER) pool is to address international humanitarian crisis either in countries where we are present or in countries with no Action against Hunger presence.
Besides crisis, the ER may be requested to organize exploratory missions in order to open new country programs.
In order to promote crisis and disaster preparedness, ER pool members will provide guidelines, training and preparation to strengthen capacity reaction to crisis.
ER Pool members may also bring specific support to existing teams in order to achieve mission objectives.
- Coordinating and supporting all logistics related with the Emergency, from the identification to the execution.
- Analysing the importance and gravity of the emergency, to ensure the adapted response to the population
- Coordinating, supporting and guiding the organization, to optimize the resources and to guarantee the maximum impact of our interventions and emergency strategies.
- Monitoring and early alert: Monitoring the humanitarian situation of the geographical zones assigned and contributing to the draft and diffusion of reports about humanitarian crises
- Preparation for disasters: Identifying strengths, weaknesses, threats and opportunities in the area of Logistics and Security between the missions and the global system of emergency response of the organization
- Emergency Context and interventions: you will be responsible for the identification of priority zones of intervention, of the vulnerable population and of the not covered needs. You will have to design the strategy of intervention in Logistics and Security.
- Coordination: With emergency team, donors, country directors and rest of the actors that take part in the activity zone about Logistics/ Risks/ Security
- Support and technical development
- At least 3 years of experience working as a coordinator in a NGO.
- Experience with NGOs in positions of responsibility in Nutrition projects and emergency responses.
- Experience in humanitarian crisis and exploratory missions
- Knowledge of the administrative and logistical rules of emergency donors, Spanish and EU major donors
- Knowledge of the different response mechanisms of NGOs / Agencies
- Languages: Proficiency in French and English (Spanish will be assessed)
- Computer domain: advanced user level (Word, Excel, PPT, SPHINX, odk)
- Mobility: availability to move to terrain urgently in case of emergency. Departures with 24h notice in case of sudden emergency. 2 months maximum in terrain in emergency, 1 month in case of support
- Valuable previous experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality
- We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with an international career development
- Formal work contract: 24 months.
- Compensation packaged : 30.000€ gross/year divided in 12 payments
- The position based in Madrid with frequent displacements to field. When travelling to the field on a mission, transfer, accommodations, maintenance and per diem expenses are covered.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year
- Meal Bouchers
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. - Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.