Ayuda en Accion is an international non-governmental organisation with the headquarters in Madrid, Spain. The organisation was officially registered in Ethiopia in 2018 as Ayuda en Accion Ethiopia. Its national office is in Addis Ababa coordinating the country programme implemented in Oromia (Borena and Arsi), Southern Nations, Nationalities and People’s Region (Wolaita) and Afar. Based on the strategic review process initiated in August 2022, the country programme strategy for 2023 – 2025 includes three programme areas: 1) Economic Development: Sustainable Livelihoods and Resilient Food Systems; 2) Quality and Inclusive Education; and 3) Emergency Response and Resilience Building. The country programme has also identified three cross-cutting themes: Innovation, Gender Equality and Climate Change.
The strategic review process recommended to consolidate organisational communication and knowledge management products across three programme areas. Thus, the country team is now seeking an experienced writer for an assignment to develop communication and knowledge management products in line with organisational communication guidelines. The graphic design of each product will be carried out by Ayuda en Accion´s graphic design department in Madrid.
Objectives and scope
The design of communication and knowledge management products seeks to achieve the following objectives:
- Develop key presentation materials summarising the country programme.
- Systematise knowledge, experience and lessons learned in selected methodologies implemented in the Ayuda en Accion Ethiopia programme since 2018 in the accessible format that can be disseminated to partners and other stakeholders in Ethiopia and elsewhere.
The process may include the following steps:
- Desk review of existing materials.
- Interviews with technical and management staff.
- Field visits and collection of additional information (optional).
- Consolidation of information and outline of each product.
- Feedback on the content by the national office in Ethiopia and Ayuda en Accion head office.
- Editing and proof-reading.
- Graphic design and translation in Spanish of selected products (by Ayuda en Accion).
- Printing (by Ayuda en Accion).
Indicative list of knowledge management products
The following communication products are expected to be designed:
- Country Programme (ppt): max 15-slide presentation summarising country programme
- Country Programme (brochure): 4-page brochure summarising country programme
- Outline of three programmatic areas (Economic Development: Sustainable Livelihoods and Resilient Food Systems; Quality and Inclusive Education; and Emergency Response and Resilience Building): three 4-page documents outlining each thematic area highlighting its added value and technical competencies
- Cross-cutting themes: three 1-page documents outlining organisational commitments and ways of responding to these by the country programme.
The following knowledge management products are expected to be designed:
Programmatic Area 1:
- Community-based seed production: 4-page document highlighting applied methodology and added value
- Capacity building of multi-purpose cooperatives: 4 page-document highlighting applied methodology and added value
- Resilience building in the lowlands of Arsi: 4-page document highlighting applied methodology and added value
- Model farmer training centres: 4-page document highlighting applied methodology and added value
Programmatic Area 2:
- Community-embedded primary school model education: 2-page brochure highlighting applied methodology and added value
- Menstrual hygiene management: 4-page document highlighting applied methodology and its impact on girls’ attendance.
Programmatic Area 3:
- Risk financing and food security in pastoralist communities of Borena: 4-page document highlighting applied methodology and impact
- Unconditional cash transfer in conflict affected communities: 4-page document outlining applied methodology and its impact
- Gender inclusive Education in Emergency in conflict affected communities: 4-page document outlining applied methodology and its impact
Contracting: March 2023
Collection of information, design and feedback: March 2023
Finalisation: April 2023
Technical qualifications and financial proposal
Interested candidates should submit their letter of interest (LoI) including their technical qualifications to carry out this assignment, past experience with similar assignments, 2 examples of similar work and two professional references.
LoI should be accompanied by a financial proposal with the following break-down:
Candidates will be selected through a competitive process by a selection committee. It is expected that the contract will be signed by end of February 2023. The contract will be based on product delivery, not daily rate, although a timeframe to finalise all products will be negotiated with the selected candidate.
How to apply
LoI and a financial proposal should be submitted through our talent clue website. The deadline for submission is 03 April 2023.
Important: experience working in English, professional/native level.
In all selection processes we will take into account the criteria of NO discrimination based on sex, race, skin color, religion, political ideas, social origin, sexual orientation, age, etc., providing a transparent and equal opportunity process for all candidates, as stated in our Code of Conduct. «Treating all people with respect and rejecting any kind of harassment, discrimination, intimidation, exploitation or any other action against Human Rights.»
At Ayuda en Acción we have zero tolerance for behavior related to sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment, therefore we are committed in accordance with our Child Protection Policy, to carry out a series of checks prior to hiring through the request for information to previous employers through the Misconduct Disclosure Scheme among Humanitarian Response Agencies (The Misconduct Disclosure Scheme misconduct-disclosure-scheme.org) in the event that such employers are adhered to this platform. Therefore, by submitting this application, the job applicant accepts and authorizes the performance of these checks in order to continue in the selection process.
Additionally, it will be mandatory to present the «Negative Certification of the Central Registry of Sex Offenders» prior to the incorporation.
Register in the following link: https://empleoayudaenaccion.talentclue.com/es/node/94874459/12623479
Esta web es colaborativa. La Coordinadora de Organizaciones para el Desarrollo no se hace responsable de las ofertas publicadas por las ONG socias de la red.