Description of the position:
S/he will lead the practice working to position Ayuda en Acción on the topic in front of the stakeholders and to provide advisory on Climate Change, Energy and Technologies for Development programs designing & management at Country and HQ level. S/he will engage in project management (i.e., conceptualizing, designing, and managing implementation) of energy activities, as well as monitor the performance of activities under his/her management (i.e., review activity budgets; engage in performance reporting; strategic planning).
The incumbent will accomplish work related to the conceptualization, design, documentation, and management of energy and technologies for development programs and activities in the different regions where Ayuda en Acción is present: Africa, Europe and Latin America.
- Provide vision and strategy to the Programs Director and the Head of Private Sector Development on Climate Change and Energy, including but not limited to: green energy market development, energy transition and access to sustainable and green energy, use of energy and technology to develop different value chains development and education.
- Implement the Global Strategy for Energy and Tech for Development providing technical advisory to the different units of Program Department and Country Programs.
- Lead the identification of partnership opportunities with a range of public and private sector actors to address the Climate Change and Energy objective included in AeA Strategy.
- Design innovative and scalable models, programs and methodologies related to Climate Change, Energy and Technologies for Development.
- Identify funding opportunities from institutional and private donors specifically focused on Climate Change mitigation, Energy and Technology.
- Maintain productive contacts and working relationships with both public and private institutions. Maintain extensive contacts with the Development Agencies, Local Governments, NGOs and other relevant stakeholders.
- Position the organization on the Climate Change and Energy sector through participation on main Climate Change and Energy international forum and events, disseminate best practices and impact results and/or development of studies.
- Provide technical advisory to the Country Programs in identifying innovative and best practices for projects designing to promote energy private sector competitiveness through research & in-country collaboration.
- Collaborate with different program components including research, implementation, monitoring & evaluation (M&E) and learning to drive overall effectiveness and coherence of program strategy from inception to scale up.
- Collaborate in the management (identification, formulation, monitoring and evaluation) of projects related to climate change and renewable energies when required.
- Support and follow up on projects related to the Market Systems Development methodology.
Knoledge and expertise:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Economic or Agricultural Sciences, Development Studies, Management Sciences, or other relevant disciplines.
- A minimum of 8 years of prior work experience in Climate Change and Energy sector development, specifically in energy inclusive markets development and green energy transition.
- Prior working experience with international organizations or development agencies is required.
- Experience working in Latin America and Africa.
- Strong experience with partnerships building and collaboration with multiple stakeholders, including private sector, civil society and governments.
- Experience with the Market Systems Development methodology.
- At least five years of pertinent experience designing and implementing innovative programs in energy sector and private sector development.
- Wide knowledge of key the players in Climate Change and Energy sector.
- Knowledge and experience of Social Impact Investment will be highly appreciated.
Español: (B2 intermédio superior, C1 avanzado, C2 profesional/nativo)
English: (B2 Upper intermediate, C1 Advanced, C2 Professional/Native)
French: (B1 Intermédiaire, B2 Intermédiaire avancé, C1 Supérieur, C2 Supérieur avancé)
Portugese: (B1 intermédio, B2 intermédio superior, C1 avançado, C2 profissional/nativo)
- Yes, both national and international.
Skills and competencies:
- Communication skills at any level of the organization.
- Oriented results.
- Strong moral and ethical behavior.
- Rigor both in the quality of the information and in the fulfilment of the established deadlines.
- Analytical capacity.
- Ability to work in a team.
- High knowledge of computer applications, specifically Word and Excel.
- Start date: Immediate.
- Contract duration: Indefinite.
- Working hours: Full-time (40 hours per week).
- Schedule: We prioritize work-life balance, so we offer flexible working hours: Possibility of starting/connecting from 7:30 am to 10 am.
- Workplace: Madrid, *possibility of telecommuting according to Ayuda en Acción’s policy.
- Remuneration/Salary in accordance with Ayuda en Acción’s compensation policy.
- Flexible Remuneration System.
In all selection processes, the criterion of non-discrimination based on sex, race, skin color, religion, political beliefs, social origin, sexual orientation, age, etc., will be taken into account, providing a transparent process and equal opportunities for all candidates, as stated in our Code of Conduct. «Treating all individuals with respect and rejecting any form of harassment, discrimination, intimidation, exploitation, or any other action contrary to Human Rights.»
At Ayuda en Acción, we have a zero-tolerance policy towards behaviors related to sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, and/or sexual harassment. Therefore, in accordance with our Child Protection Policy, we commit to conducting a series of pre-employment checks by requesting information from previous employers through the Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (misconduct-disclosure-scheme.org) in the event that these employers are registered with this platform. By submitting this application, the job applicant accepts and authorizes the conduct of these checks to proceed with the selection process.
Para inscribirte en esta oferta, accede al siguiente link: https://empleoayudaenaccion.talentclue.com/es/node/99831557/12623479
Esta web es colaborativa. La Coordinadora de Organizaciones para el Desarrollo no se hace responsable de las ofertas publicadas por las ONG socias de la red.