Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action Against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
Head of the financial and administrative management of the mission, coordinating and leading the mission Admin team in the capital and the bases. In charge of assuring the administrative and financial procedures of the mission according to Action Against Hunger – Spain rules and the local law.
- Mission Financial Management.
- Mission Treasury and Accountancy Supervision.
- Administrative management of the mission.
- Relationship with counterparts.
- Management of the mission Administrative and Finance teams.
- Human resources management.
- Training: Finance (desirable).
- Higher education in management, economics or any related field.
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in financial management and at least 1 year in the humanitarian sector.
- Experience in the preparation of budgets, financial reports, financial project follow up and audit reports.
- HR managerial skills.
- Profound knowledge of donor guidelines.
- Knowledge of Action Against Hunger desirable (organization, mandate, strategy, procedures).
- International experience. Demonstrated capacity to work in multicultural environments.
- Good communication skills.
- Proved team-work experience and of coordination of staff under its supervision.
- Languages: English, French, Spanish.
- Gender approach acknowledgement would be an asset.
- MS Office very strong command. Advanced level of Excel. Experience with accounting programs like SAGA, Agresso or others.
- Mobility (national and international).
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: 2 years.
- Base: Beirut.
- Salary: from 1.700 € to 2.200 € gross per month according to candidate’s previous experience (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger – Spain). Action Against Hunger – Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
- Action Against Hunger – Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
- Up to 20% additional remuneration depending on the position’s context and responsibilities (according the grading scale set by Action Against Hunger)
- House and maintenance covered by the organization (including per diem): package estimated according to the destination.
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization.
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger – Spain).
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. - Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.