The Youth Economic Empowerment Project Manager will be a member of the Department of International Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid Programs at Plan International Spain.
Plan International is an international community development organization, child-centered and particularly focused in girls, founded in 1937, working in 70 countries, 51 of which are developing countries and 10.000 staff. With a focus on long-term sustainable development, as well as relief in emergencies and humanitarian aid. Plan International works in a participative way with children and families across a range of programs including education, health, household economic security, protection and water/sanitation. Advocacy cuts across all programs.
- – Project proposal formulation.
- – Management, monitoring and evaluation of the projects assigned.
- – To ensure full compliance with donor requirements in reporting (narrative and financial).
- – Effectively management of funding relationships with major institutional donors that support funding objectives.
- – To identify needs and new project opportunities in line with the strategy.
- – Lead the process of identifying and prioritizing funding opportunities.
- – To cooperate and liaise with Plan International National Offices and Country Offices partners and, where applicable, with external stakeholders at the appropriate levels.
- – The position will be based in Madrid with assignments on the field (around 35% of the time).
- – Spanish mother tongue with high level of French and English.
- – University Degree.
- – At least 3 years of working experience in Development and Youth Economic Empowerment projects.
- – Proved experience in raising funds project management mainly with multilateral and bilateral donors (previous experience with AECID, DG DEVCO will be valuable).
- – Knowledge in Project Cycle Management tools & knowledge in donors´ processes.
- – Experience in the following area would be an asset:
- – Business Development
- – Livelihood based on green solutions (e.g. eco – agriculture)
- – Renewable energy solutions
- – Previous experience in West Africa Region would be valuable.
What we offer:
- – Temporary contract (6 months)
- – Total reward including annual Gross Salary + variable incentives (to be set upon candidate’s experience and the organization standards) + Ticket Restaurant.
- – 23 days of holidays per year.
- – Short working hours on Fridays (and throughout July and August).
- – Integration into a developing organization.
- – Take action so that a 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive.
The candidates must send application and cover letter to email@example.com with the reference PI-PMYEE-18