Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action Against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
In coordination and under the supervision of the Action Against Hunger Zahle WaSH Expert and with the technical support from the WaSH Coordinator. S/he will be in charge of defining the content, organizing and supervising the public health promotion program with the targeted populations and will ensure the efficient and smooth implementation of the Health WASH projects in Action Against Hunger targeted areas.
- Contribute to the strategy and planning
- Supervise the all WASH related PHP activities at field level.
- Ensuring the quality of work at field level.
- Monitor field work.
- Team supervision
- General support of Action Against Hunger objectives and initiatives
Finance and Administration.
- Degree and/or Master Degree in education, Public Health, Health Promotion, Community Development, International Development and training experience or International development.
- At least 3 years’ experience in designing and implementing Public Health promotion programs and/or humanitarian projects in the NGO/INGO sector (with Action Against Hunger – network preferable).
- Technical knowledge in implementing WASH emergency interventions.
- Significant experience in working in collaboration with local partners, government bodies, INGOs and donor agencies.
- Ability to identify possible new activities and elaborate proposals for new projects, as well as the ability to report adequately to donors and headquarters.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of public health promotion programs
- High flexibility and adaptation to change.
- Sensitive to gender issues and right based approach.
- English (compulsory working language, fluent spoken, read and written) Arabic (not compulsory but preferable.
- Windows domain, Compulsory expertise in Excel.
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: until 15/06/2017.
- Base: Zahle
- Salary: from 1375€ to 1750€ gross per month according to candidate’s previous experience (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger – Spain). Action Against Hunger – Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
- Action Against Hunger – Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
- Up to 20% additional remuneration depending on the position’s context and responsibilities (according the grading scale set by Action Against Hunger)
- House and maintenance covered by the organization (including per diem): package estimated according to the destination.
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization.
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger – Spain).
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. - Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.