Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action Against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
In coordination and under the supervision of the Action Against Hunger South Head of Base and with the technical support and oversight from the WASH Coordinator, will be responsible of monitoring and supervision of all WaSH projects in South Lebanon (2 or more), organize, follow up and capacitate the project teams, ensuring that activities are met according to the contractual agreements and the quality standards of Action Against Hunger.
- Technical advice and guidance on WASH projects
- To promote the comprehension and support the implementation of WaSH strategy in the intervention area.
- Participation to stakeholders’ coordination
- Team Management
- Reporting and Capitalisation
- Admin/Finance/Log (in coordination with Log/Admin)
- At least 3 years’ experience in designing and implementing Water Sanitation & Hygiene System in private, development and/or humanitarian projects (with Action Against Hunger – network preferable).
- Degree and/or Master Degree in water Engineering, Hydrology or in humanitarian action or any related field, with special focus on Programme Cycle Management.
- We are looking for a problem solver, with a flexible mind-set, the ability to deal with practical WASH solutions and to think strategically.
- Significant experience in working in collaboration with local partners, government bodies, INGOs and donor agencies;
- Excellent knowledge of project cycle management;
- Ability to identify possible new activities and elaborate proposals for new projects, as well as the ability to report adequately to donors and headquarters.
- English compulsory (excellent command); Arabic (not compulsory but preferable).
- Windows domain, Compulsory expertise in Excel.
- Gender approach acknowledgement would be an asset.
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: until the 15th of December, 2017.
- Base: Tyre.
- Salary: from 375€ to 1.700€ gross per month according to candidate’s previous experience (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger – Spain).
- Action Against Hunger – Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
- Up to 20% additional remuneration depending on the position’s context and responsibilities (according the grading scale set by Action Against Hunger)
- House and maintenance covered by the organization (including per diem): package estimated according to the destination.
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization.
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger – Spain).
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. - Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.