Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action Against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the development, coordination, supervision and monitoring of all logistic components of the mission. His/her objective is to establish a strategy and action plan with the Country Director, the other members of the coordination team and the Heads of Base to guarantee the support and supply to mission projects, to implement the strategy and to oversee all aspects of logistics coordination.
- Logistic Coordination: have a global vision of the mission’s logistics operation, supervise all steps of logistics processes and manage the logistic department.
- Management of Security.
- Management of the Logistics HR.
- Background in Logistics in Humanitarian actions or related fields.
- Experience in logistical coordination.
- Minimum 4 year experience in field logistics or logistical coordination in a Humanitarian Aid organisation.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organise and resolve.
- Intercultural awareness.
- Experience in the coordination of personnel, monitoring and Program evaluation.
- English compulsory, Arabic is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft software tools.
- Mobility between bases as required. No international travels required.
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: 12 months with high probability of extension.
- Base: Beirut, Lebanon
- Salary: from 1700€ to 2200€ gross per month according to candidate’s previous experience (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger – Spain). Action Against Hunger – Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
- Action Against Hunger – Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
- Up to 20% additional remuneration depending on the position’s context and responsibilities (according the grading scale set by Action Against Hunger)
- House and maintenance covered by the organization (including per diem): package estimated according to the destination.
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization.
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger – Spain).
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. - Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.