Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action Against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
- To represent Action Against Hunger in Zahle and oversee all Action Against Hunger activities, staff and assets.
- In charge of security at the base level, leading the context and risk analysis and the adoption of the necessary measures to protect the staff and the Organisation.
- To improve the relevance and impact of Action Against Hunger’s programming based on Action Against Hunger’s mandate and country strategy.
- To update and follow up all Action Against Hunger procedures with the support of CD and Headquarters.
- The CD will delegate all relevant responsibility to the Head of Base who will report back on a regular basis.
- To coordinate the work at base level and upgrade the capacity of the Base Logistician and Base Administrator through ongoing training and support. Employing Action Against Hunger kitlog, SAGA, to guarantee the correct planning, implementation and integration of logistic activities in the base.
- To make sure that all departments follow Action Against Hunger procedures and have a unified and coherent management.
- Programme Management
Maintain accurate documentation of on-going project implementation, summarised in weekly/monthly minutes and in reports submitted to donors as required.
- Human Resources Management & Capacity Building
- Ensure effective intra-base coordination in Zahle
To monitor the financial and administrative management of the base including the preparation and monitoring of budgets, financial requests, accountancy, payments, tenders, procedures, movements etc.
- Logistics and Administration
To monitor the financial, administrative and logistical management. Follow up and support the implementation of logistics procedures, policies and practices as defined in the Logistics Kit.
- Ensure proper management of the Action Against Hunger security procedures and tools in coordination with CD.
Continuous monitoring of the local situation through the collection and analysis of security information.
- Previous experience in the humanitarian field (at least 5 years) and preferably with Action Against Hunger
- Degree and/or Master Degree in Economics, Sociology, International Development, Political Science or International Relations
- Good experience in accountancy, finance, budget management, donor rules, Action Against Hunger procedures and Cost Coverage Plan.
- Experience in logistics and security management, preferably using Kitlog V3.2.
- Ability to write donor reports and proposals in English. Training and capacity building experience.
- Gender approach acknowledgement would be an asset.
- English (compulsory working command); Arabic (useful).
- Windows Domain, Compulsory expertise in Excel, accounting program
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: 12 months.
- Base: Zahle.
- Salary: from 1.700€ – 2200€ gross per month according to candidate’s previous experience (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger – Spain).
- Action Against Hunger – Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
- Up to 20% additional remuneration depending on the position’s context and responsibilities (according the grading scale set by Action Against Hunger)
- House and maintenance covered by the organization (including per diem): package estimated according to the destination.
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization.
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger – Spain).
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. - Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.