In recognition of the increased use of cash transfers in SC’s humanitarian responses, and the need to promote multi-sector cash transfer programmes (CTPs), this role is to build its capacity to support the operational delivery of cash transfers and provide technical support on the market assessment procedures for emergencies within SC.
- The post holder will receive a context specific ToR for each deployment, which will draw upon the responsibilities outlined below
- Support the management of multiple grants across multiple sectors, where there is a predominately cash transfer component, ensuring that operational aspects of projects and reports are delivered according to SC and donor contractual requirements, within the agreed timescale and budget
- Support the Team Leader and technical advisors in program implementation and development a response and sectoral strategy, full proposal and log frames for the field base or area by providing input and advice in relation to cash transfer operational elements.
- Provide advice & leadership on the planning and implementation of all operational aspects of cash transfer programming, which will include finance, delivery mechanisms, security, logistics, award management and donor compliance.
- Work with Safety and Security colleagues to develop and implement effective safety and security procedures for specific cash transfer programming activities, ensuring that these are updated and revised at regular intervals and that new programmes are built around security considerations.
- Manage and motivate in-country or response staff to perform highly in their respective roles and responsibilities. This may include leading on staffing structure, recruitment, performance management and implementing staff welfare policy where appropriate.
- Coach and mentor national staff counterparts and contribute to capacity building at field level, having a child focused approach.
- Represent Save the Children to donors, United Nations, NGOs and INGOs, government, media and other forum at national level as and when required.
- While head office based, the Cash Transfer Manager will
- – Support HQ staff in identifying opportunities, development of communications and media materials, including evidence-based on CTP possitive impact for children.
– Identify learning and training opportunities for SC staff and work as a mentor and role model for less experienced staff. Lead on the roll-out of the CTP & Markets modular training packages.
– Join SC´s Cash and Markets Working Group and actively participate on the on-going initiatives.
- Any other task according to their professional category entrusted for the responsible.
- Education to MSc/MA/MEng level in a relevant subject or equivalent field, finance or logistics experience.
- MUST have a high level of written and spoken English, French and Spanish.
- Significant and relevant overseas experience, valuable in emergencies.
- Previous experience of providing technical guidance on CTP, management experience of operational aspects of Cash Transfer Programming and Demonstrable understanding of M&E and beneficiary accountability.
- Previous experience of managing a National team and/or small expat team
- Experience of working in insecure environments and adapting internal processes to mitigate security risks
- Experience in the introduction of internal controls systems to support CTP delivery in the areas of financial management, logistics, security and programme delivery.
- Understanding of field level representation with key stakeholders and co-ordination with other NGOs/UN
- Desirable previous first phase emergency response experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective and working relationships with other NGOs, donors, or other groups with diverse members.
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Availability and interest to travel.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in adverse conditions.
- Well understanding of humanitarian contexts and application of humanitarian principles.
- Proven ability to handle large and varied workloads, and deal constructively with stress.
- Good attention to detail.
- Commitment and compliance of SC Values, Vision and Mission; Code of Conduct and Security Protocols
- MUST have Spanish or European work permit.
Para más información sobre la vacante y cómo aplicar a la misma, seguir el enlace: