Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action Against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
The Base logistician is overall responsible for all logistics activities in the base (procurement, fleet, storage, equipment, premises) and actively contributes to the security management (analysis and operational implementation).
The Base logistician is responsible for all related procurements strictly following donors’ guidelines and Kit log 3.4 guidelines. In addition, the base logistician will closely supervise/update the entire equipment list, supervise vehicle fleet and office maintenance in order to ensure an efficient response to all programs within the base. Lastly, the base logistician will monitor and report any incident related to security within the base.
- Supply Chain.
- Vehicle fleet management.
- Equipment management & office maintenance.
- Security management and monitoring.
- Monthly logistics reports.
- University degree preferred on Business Administration, Industrial Engineering or related. With professional experience in logistics/clerical work.
- 2 years minimum experience working on projects at humanitarian aid organizations and/or international donors or private sector.
- Procurement management, fleet management, Supply Chain management, Inventory control, intermediate IT knowledge.
- Gender approach acknowledgement would be an asset.
- English compulsory (written and verbal), Arabic an asset.
- Knowledge of windows domain, intermediate Excel level desirable, Intermediate Microsoft word and PowerPoint desirable, ODK program a plus.
- Mobility between bases as required. No international travels required.
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: until June 2017.
- Base: Zahle.
- Salary: from 1.375€ to 1.750€ gross per month according to candidate’s previous experience (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger – Spain).
- Action Against Hunger – Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
- Up to 20% additional remuneration depending on the position’s context and responsibilities (according the grading scale set by Action Against Hunger)
- House and maintenance covered by the organization (including per diem): package estimated according to the destination.
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization.
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger – Spain).
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. - Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.